Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Today.

Today was a great day.
i woke up, and was bailed on by the girls i was supposed to go shopping with. that sucked. so i tanned (i need it), showered, fed George (my fishie) and tried to figure out what to do.

in the end, i decided to go to target because I wanted to shop. on the way walking there, (i couldnt find a ride) i saw a dead squirrel on the sidewalk next to a bank. i stopped dead, and felt so sorry for the little thing, that my eyes stung.

weird, right? i care so little for so many people, but the sight of a dead rodent on its back just breaks my heart.

i picked 5 yellow flowers and placed them around the body. i said a few words, wishing the little one luck in the afterworld, and i had a moment of silence before i continued walking.

struttin' my stuff, i finally got to target (sweating up a storm of course, it was fucking hot today.) and strolled inside. after buying a few things and smiling at everyone i saw just because i felt like it, i started to make my journey home.

i walked past a car full of men, all looking happy about wherever they were going, or maybe they were just having fun together or laughing at some innapropriate joke. they were guys, afterall. so i smiled at them, because, why not? they were happy, why cold shoulder happiness? they all kind of looked at me when i smiled, but they were stopped at the intersection stop light, so i just kept walking. when it was their turn to go, they drove past and all yelled at me "YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL!".

usually, guys just honk or whistle. i mean really, do they think im gunna tell them to whip it out and take me there? dumbasses. but thats not the point. the point is, beautiful is such a nice word. im pretty sure i glowed the whole walk home, just because those nice men pointed out to me that i am beautiful.

wherever you all are, thank you. you made my day.

the rest of my day was great too, but i enjoyed it all by myself (for the most part). i really needed that day. the day was beautiful and sunny, and i thank the universe for giving it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment